What could be nicer than ending a lunch with nice gourmet desserts to share with friends and family?
Of course, we do not always have the time available to create real works of pastry, but we are sure that with these 3 quick recipes of gourmet desserts success with your guests will be assured, without even having to make too much effort in the kitchen.
Let’s find out together what are the wild recipes to keep always at hand to amaze your loved ones with gourmet desserts as simple as they are irresistible.
For all last-minute invitations or for when time is scarce, always remember to keep flour, baking powder, sugar, cocoa powder, chocolate, yogurt and ricotta available at home: just with some of these ingredients you can make cakes worthy of a pastry!
Quick gourmet desserts for the sweet tooth: the chocolate tenerina
There are very few people who do not like chocolate, so when you present a soft, slightly moist chocolate cake on the table with an irresistible scent you will surely have conquered your guests.
The tenerina, originally from the city of Ferrara, is one of those typical gourmet desserts that, depending on the regions and recipes handed down in each home from generation to generation, can be interpreted differently.
The original recipe of tenerina, one of the most popular gourmet desserts, involves the use of very few ingredients such as butter, sugar, eggs and very little flour and is prepared in just 5 minutes; Yeast is not used and therefore remains very low with a fragrant outer crust and a soft, moist heart that melts in the mouth.
The original recipe provides that the tenerina cake is served with a simple sprinkling of icing sugar, but the sweet tooth can also accompany it with cream, mascarpone cream or chantilly cream.
Let’s find out the ingredients together:
- 200 grams of dark chocolate
- 100 grams of butter
- 90 grams of sugar
- 60 grams of flour 00
- 4 medium-sized eggs at room temperature
- 1 pinch of salt
How we prepare the tender cake:
- Chop the chocolate and melt it in a bain-marie together with the butter. Let it cool and transfer to a bowl, then add one by one the 4 egg yolks, salt and half the sugar. We mount with electric whisks for a few minutes;
- Now we can add the sifted flour and mix it with a spatula. Beat the egg whites with the other half of the sugar until stiff and gently incorporate them into the dough, always with movements from top to bottom;
- Pour the mixture into a 22 cm buttered and floured mold and bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for 15/18 minutes. The cake inside should remain a little moist and not dry out. Let cool and before serving sprinkle, to taste, with a little icing sugar.
Fresh gourmet desserts to make at home in 5 minutes: coffee cream
In the Italian culinary tradition you can almost never end a meal without gourmet desserts and without a coffee, and here’s how to combine energy and sweetness with a delicious coffee cream.
To make this coffee cream you just need 3 simple ingredients: cream, sugar and coffee and can be served alone or combined with some honey cookies. What are the ingredients for coffee cream:
- 70 gr of coffee (mocha, soluble or barley)
- 40 g sugar
- 300 gr of fresh liquid cream (to be kept strictly in the refrigerator until use)
How can we prepare a delicious coffee cream:
1. Prepare the coffee, sugar it and let it cool in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
2. In a bowl we put the fresh cream and start stirring with an electric mixer; When it is semi-whipped, add the coffee flush, always stirring.
3. We work the mixture until it is completely whipped and let it rest in the fridge at least 1 hour before serving in small glasses or cups. You can garnish it with a sprinkling of cocoa and a coffee bean.
Gourmet desserts at the table: the gourmet fruit cake that is prepared in just 5 minutes
We present another of the most popular gourmet desserts, the fruit cake, a soft and fast version of the classic fruit tart made with a dough based on flour, eggs, sugar and lots of seasonal fruit: the result will be an explosion of colors with all the fruits that release their juices for a full of sweetness.
What you need to make gourmet fruit cake:
- 300 grams of fresh seasonal fruit
- 200 grams of flour 00
- 50 grams of seed oil or melted butter
- 150 grams of sugar
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- 200 ml of Greek yogurt at room temperature or 170 gr of classic yogurt
- 1 sachet of baking powder
- grated lemon and orange peel
- 1 tablespoon apricot jam to cover it
How we prepare it:
1. Beat the eggs and sugar very well with an electric whisk and lemon and orange peel for about 3 minutes. The mixture must be frothy and clear.
2. We add the cold melted butter or seed oil and continue stirring with whisks. Spoonful the flour and baking powder, alternating them with yogurt until the ingredients are exhausted. The mixture should be full-bodied and velvety.
3. We insert the dough in a mold of 22/24 cm previously buttered and floured and level well. We then begin to place the fruit either radially or in a more random order, sinking the pieces slightly.
4. Sprinkle with a little sugar and a layer of apricot jam and bake in the oven at 180 degrees for about 45 minutes. As always, let’s remember the toothpick test to verify the degree of cooking and wait at least an hour before removing it from the mold and serving it to our loved ones!