Where Borgo del Balsamico Vinegar is created
In a place where the countryside of Emilia Romagna blends among its verdant hills rich in aromas between history and Italian agri-food tradition, between flavors of Parmesan cheese, traditional cold cuts we find the main actor: the Traditional Balsamic Vinegar of Reggio Emilia D.Or.P.
Just halfway between Modena and Reggio Emilia in Albinea in a place with a relaxing atmosphere, an ancient residence surrounded by lush Italian gardens opens up before your eyes.
The ancient vinegar cellar
Inside the same, as far as possible from prying eyes, the seasons pass slowly with their different temperatures takes shape the Black Gold.
The ancient vinegar cellar maintained as it once immediately brings to mind ancient crafts.
Inside almost in total darkness are housed ancient batteries of small barrels from the noble families of the provinces of Modena and Reggio Emilia, originally from 700 and 800.
How Balsamic Vinegar of Reggio Emilia D. is producedOr.P.
The traditional balsamic vinegar of Reggio Emilia D.Or.P. In order to boast the renowned denomination, it must be produced only from selected grapes of only ancient local varieties.
It must be processed only from fresh raw material and the cooking of the grape must takes place only in open vats to facilitate the evaporation of water and a greater concentration of sugars.
At the end of cooking, the must is left to age at least 12 but can reach up to 25 years in ancient oak barrels French.
How to use it
A super-recommended recipe is a Risotto with Apples and Balsamic Vinegar Yellow Label.
Ingredients for 4 People:
- 1 jar of Carnaroli Good Rice of 450 g
- 2 Renette apples
- 100 ml Sauvignon from Bastianich cellars
- Vegetable Broth
- 1 Shallot
- 70 g butter
- 80 g Parmigiano Reggiano
- Balsamic Vinegar Yellow Label il Borgo del Balsamico
Preparation time: 10 minutes Difficulty: Easy
- Peel and remove the core of the apples, cut them into chunks and steam them for about 10 minutes and blend them into a puree.
- Clean and finely cut the shallot and in a saucepan melt the butter and toast the chopped shallot, just burnished add the rice and toast slightly.
- Deglaze with white wine and mix.
- Start adding 1 ladle of vegetable broth, wait for it to be totally absorbed and add another until cooked.
- Turn off the heat and move the pot, add butter, Parmigiano Reggiano and the renetta apple puree, stir perfectly until the wave forms.
- Prepare the serving dishes and place a portion of rice in the center, seasoned forming a spiral with balsamic vinegar and two apple wedges still crispy.
You just have to taste the result and trust if you have guests at dinner it will be a shower of COMPLIMENTS.
We selected it because:
We at DF-Gourmet have chosen Borgo del Balsamico for different reasons
- The quality of its products with high level production standards, using only selected local grapes coming only from mycologie-lots in the vicinity of the vinegar cellar.
- The ancient tradition of this craft that still allows the survival of a 100% traditional and artisanal product, where all that matters is love.
- The production area since the company is located in the center between Reggio Emilia and Modena.
- The ” ARTISTIC” presentation of the final product in elegant design glass bottles giving a fair value to the product.
I do!! Where can I buy it?
You can buy it in comfort wherever you are and receive it comfortably at home in just 24-48 hours by going to our DF-Gourmet e-commerce.
Perfect for a Gourmet gift, you will give a truly unique experience made of time, love, passion and Italian tradition!